Friday, March 31, 2017

Shine Bright and Carousel {Avery Elle}

Hello friends!

Happy Fri-yay!  I hope you had a great week and looking forward to a fun weekend ahead!  I am on the Avery Elle blog today with a card featuring the Shine Bright stamp set.  No stamp collection is complete without a lighthouse stamp set- it's such a timeless icon and the perfect image for so many sentiments.

I placed my lighthouse atop a shoreline created with the Rocky Shores Elle-ments die. The lighthouse was colored using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I created the background by inking a panel of Distress Specialty Stamping Paper with Distress Oxide ink in Fossilized Amber and Broken China and Regular Distress Ink with Milled Lavender and Seedless Preserve. 


For the ocean, I stamped the waves in Avery Elle's white pigment ink over the Distress Oxide Broken China and blended out the edges a bit.  After all the inking was complete, I masked off the ocean and spritzed the panel with water to create the starry looking sky. 

Supplies: 

Last week,  Jamie shared this card I made using the cutie cute Carousel stamp set. With Easter approaching, I decided to use the Bunny image from the set.


I colored the bunny with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and placed him on another inky background.  This one was created by blending Distress Inks in Broken China and Shaded Lilac. 


I added a few finishing touches with the stars and banner included in the stamp set.  I die cut the inked panel with the Wonky Stitches Elle-ments die and added a cloudy background using the Picket Fences Elle-ments die.

Supplies:

Well that's it for me today, but be sure to stop by the Avery Elle blog for even more inspiration from the Avery Elle design team!  Thanks for stopping by!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Katie - you are seriously SO AWESOME!! I am loving all your creations and I just have to tell you that I am positively swooning over the bunny bag and that beautiful blue Easter egg over at the Paper Smooches blog!! You rocked it and I love it when things come through that you have made, I am such a fan of you and I am grateful to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lighthouse card! I was just trying to use this set today but couldn't get it to work. Wish I had seen yours!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!