Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Christmas Countdown Calendar {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends,

In my house, the kids look forward to the Christmas Countdown almost as much as the big day itself. Sometimes I think the anticipation is almost more exciting than the main event.

To help us keep track of the number of days until Christmas, I created this simple Christmas Countdown Calendar using Waffle Flower's Calendar Number stamp set.


I found a set of wooden calendar blocks in the Holiday section at Hobby Lobby, but these would be pretty simple to DIY- each block is 2" cubed and the base is 2" x 4" x 2".  Here's a link to a similar version from Consumer Crafts. 


For the calendar blocks, I cut white card stock into 1.75" squares. On the first block I stamped have the number 0 on the bottom and the number 5 on the top of the block.  The sides were stamped with the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4.  For the second block, stamp 0 again on the bottom and the number 8 on top of the block.  Stamp the sides with the numbers 1, 2, 6, 7.  Number 6 doubles as number 9.


I covered the calendar base with some simple red and green card stock and stamped the sentiment from the Stocking stamp set to a rectangle of white card stock before adhering it to the base.  I used a basic tape runner to adhere the paper to the wooden blocks, but a coat or two of mod podge would definitely make the project more durable for little fingers and holidays to come.   I have plenty of time before Thanksgiving to take that finishing step- I am thinking that will be when our Christmas Countdown will officially begin!  

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!