Friday, August 14, 2015

Bring on the Cake! {Avery Elle}

Hello friends, 

I am on the Avery Elle blog today with a sweet birthday card featuring the Bring on the Cake stamp set and coordinating Elle-ment dies


I was completely inspired by this photo of a colorful layer cake from Martha Stewart. 


With that as a starting point, I colored the layers with Copic markers, before die cutting the cake slice and adhering it to a white panel.  I stamped the sentiment with black ink and added a bit of Wink of Stella in black to the thicker areas of the scripty wish.  I used the Scalloped Frames Elle-ment dies on a notecard from the Royal Collection.  I adhered the white card stock to the notecard and added a few clear sequins as a finishing touch.  

Well that's all for me today, but be sure to stop by the Avery Elle blog for even more ideas and inspiration from the AE Design Team. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie


1 comment:

  1. Remarkable card with gorgeous colors and just so spot on with the inspiration photo!! Always a pleasure to visit you and see what amazing things you have created to dazzle and delight us!! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!