Thursday, January 1, 2015

Introducing: In Every Way {Waffle Flower Crafts}

 Hello friends and Happy New Year!

Today starts release week at Waffle Flower Crafts, and I wanted to share a couple cards I made with the In Every Way stamp set.  Before I share my card, I have a bit of a confession...

I have huge love, respect, and admiration for Julie Andrews.  She is one of my favorite performers of all time.  From Sound of Music to Thoroughly Modern Mille, I just adore her, and one of my very favorite films is the classic Mary Poppins.  A few months ago, Nina solicited the Design Team for stamp set suggestions (more on that in a few days), and I thought back to one of my favorite scenes from the film where she measures the children (extremely stubborn and suspicious, prone to giggles- doesn't put things away) and we learn that Mary herself is "practically perfect in every way."   I sent that suggestion over to Nina and a couple months later, I was so excited that Nina put together the In Every Way set, so it seemed only fitting that I share a card inspired by Mary Poppins.


I trimmed a panel of card yellow card stock a bit longer than the standard card length and I used a ruler and black pen to draw marks like a ruler or measuring tape.  Next, I stamped "you're perfect in every way" in black ink.  I added the arrow from the Monochrome stamp set (also being introduced today) and Mary's signature umbrella from the Planner Add-On: Weather 1 Stamp Set.


I adhered the stamped yellow card stock panel at an angle on a aqua card base and trimmed the edges.  As a finishing touch, I stamped and fussy cut some of the flowers included in the set and added them to opposite corners of the card.  Those leaves are from yet another set that will be introduced a bit later on. :)  And here's a look at my inspiration: 


I was having so much fun with this stamp set, so I decided to make another card focusing on the flower images.  The solid flowers correspond with the outline flowers perfectly, but they look even more amazing, stamped off center a bit so some of the background color shows through. 


The leaves are a sneak peek of another set to be revealed in a couple days and to set off all the warm peaches and reds in the flowers, I stamped the sentiment in navy ink.  

Well that's all for me today. Be sure to stop by the Waffle Flower blog to see the full reveal of the In Every Way stamp set and loads more ideas and inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by! 
Katie 

6 comments:

  1. Mary Poppins is one of my favorites too, Katie! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are positively perfect! We are huge Julie Andrews fans as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about how things came to you! Mary Poppins is a wonderful movie...love it! Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful cards!! And thanks for the fun childhood memory of Mary Poppins - watched it so much!! You are a fantastic stamper and therefore a terrific asset to Waffle Flower Stamps!!! I hope they know how lucky they are!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!