Monday, November 24, 2014

DIY Desktop Calendar {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends,

The holidays are upon us, and today I am sharing a gift idea and the how-to for making a cute and compact desktop calendar using Waffle Flower Craft's Planner and Calendar stamps sets.


To get started you will need:

First I trimmed the patterned paper to 3 x 3" squares.  This means that you can make 4 calendar sheets from 1 6 x 6" piece of patterned paper. Next I die cut 12 rectangles from the Surface- Tag Die- Started kit from cream card stock and trimmed the rectangle length to 2".  Save the scrap that you trim off from each rectangle as you can use that a bit later on.
 

Next, I determined which month would go on each piece of patterned paper and using the Calendar stamp set, I stamped the month and dates on the trimmed tag die cuts.  If a month had fewer than 31 days, I used a moistened cotton swab to wipe away the ink from the extra dates as needed.  I had a 2015 calendar handy for reference when I was completing this step.



Remember those tag scraps?  This is where I put them to use, I went through my Waffle Flower stamps collection and stamped small images representative of each month on the tag scraps and used a 3/4" circle punch to punch them out.


For reference, I put together a list of the stamp sets I used for each month:

I adhered the calendar and the month icon to the patterned paper, stacked them on the easel and admired the cute:





These were a cinch to put together and would make a perfect holiday gift for your coworkers.  

Speaking of gifts, Nina has created two Holiday Gift set bundles perfect for gifting to your crafty friends or adding to your own holiday wish list: The Die Bundle and The Gift Wrapping Bundle.


You can read about what's included in these bundles as well as cut offs for holiday shipping times in her blog post here

Well that's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Katie

3 comments:

  1. This is too cute! Love.love.love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Calendar Katie!
    Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a freaking awesome idea and thank you for taking us through your process and sharing which icons you used for each of the months!! You are amazing and I really think this is fabulous and that little easel is so adorbs!!! So impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!