Friday, October 24, 2014

Spooky Spider Favors {Avery Elle and Halloween Week}

Hello friends,

Halloween week is coming to a close on Stamping Lightly and today I am over on the Avery Elle blog with another easy project perfect to pass out at classroom Halloween parties or even to trick or treaters.  With so much candy available during this holiday, here's an approach for a party favor that's candy-free.


I trimmed Fizz card stock into rectangles measuring approximately 2" x 2.75".  Next, I stamped the spider web image from the Boo stamp set using orange dye ink.  Using the Pinked Elle-ments die set, I die cut a pinked edge banner from black card stock and stamped and heat embossed the Boo sentiment.  I attached the banner to the cards with some adhesive and a tiny staple. 


Finally, with a craft knife, I cut a slit in the center of the spider web and inserted a black plastic spider ring.  I was able to pick up a pack of 30 rings at Five Below for a dollar, so these are super affordable favors.  You could also stamp a message on the back of the card and have your child sign his or her name- like Valentines, only scarier. :)


Well, that's all for me today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!