Friday, August 1, 2014

Sohcahtoa {A Month of Neglect}

Hello friends,

Happy August and welcome to the first day of the Month of (Stamp) Neglect.  All throughout August I am challenging myself to actually use the many, many stamp sets that occupy my crafty space.

Where to start? After much thought, I decided to kick off the month at the beginning (alphabetically) with a few sets that I picked up from Altenew- Sohcahtoa and Label Love.



First up, a simple one-layer card using Sohcahtoa.  I drew I light pencil line 2/3 down the card front and stamped the solid and a few striped triangles with some Hero Arts and Studio Calico ink.


I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added a few sequins to give some dimension to an otherwise flat card. 




 Next, I decided to use the triangles to create another shape- in this case, a diamond.

On a piece of watercolor paper, I added some water and painted a "splotch" using distress ink.  After allowing the panel to dry (a heat gun can help speed up the process), I stamped the triangle outlines in the shape of a diamond.  I started with the large triangle, then stamped the narrower triangle to create the base.  Next I stamped a row of the smallest triangles to form the faucets of the gem.  As you can see, it's not perfect, but still a fun look.  I used the thin Tim Holtz stamp blocks to assist with placement, but a stamp positioner would also come in handy.


I stamped the "U ROCK" sentiment from Label Love in black ink on a scrap of white card stock.  I trimmed it out and adhered it at an angle overlapping the diamond. I added a few enamel dots before adhering the panel with foam tape to a white card stock base that I covered with a piece of black card stock.

So that's two sets down and many, many more to go!  


Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, great cards my friend! I love this set, and don't use it enough! That second card is super fun, what a great idea to make a diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards!!! And great use of the stamps! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!