Friday, April 4, 2014

Watercolor Nautical Card

Hi friends!

It's time for another AEI{heart}U challenge and I think you are really going to LOVE this week's theme- it's... wait for it.....  Watercolor!!! Can I get a woot-woot??!!

So I am a total Watercolor neophyte and this card is actually one of my first attempts, so I kept it simple with just water and a few drops of reinker.


Once my background dried, I stamped the waves from Knotty in blue ink.  Then I stamped and paper pieced the boat image.  I stamped the sentiment and added a bit of red grosgrain ribbon and a button tied with twine before adhering the panel to a cardstock base that I debossed with a woodgrain impression plate. 



Now it's YOUR turn! Go make something awesome with your Avery Elle stamps or free digi that incorporates watercoloring and link up your amazing creation to the  AEI{heart}U challenge blog.  Be sure to check even more inspiration from the Design Team as well as all the challenge deets and deadlines while you are there too.  

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you create!!!
Have a great day!
Katie


3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Katie! I LOVE those waves and the watery background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card! Love how you created that fun watercolor water scene. So excited to play in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!