Friday, January 4, 2013

Waltzingmouse Holiday Card Exchange

Hello all,

Earlier last month, I had an opportunity to sign up for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Christmas Card exchange on their customer forum.  A few weeks later, an envelope of Royal Mail arrived containing this stunning card....


I was somehow so blessed to be on the receiving end of this beautiful card from the head mousetress, Claire. I often oooh and ahhh over the samples that Claire posts on her blog, but I have to say that now that I have seen one of her cards in real life, I am not sure that the photos do her cards justice!!


A simple photo does not truly capture all the gorgeous details that comprise this breathtaking card. The gems on the ribbon, the black sentiment was clear embossed, and pops of colors were added with marker, the inking, the perfect mat for the label, the background stamping, sigh, I could go on and on....I am so appreciative of receiving this lovely card.  I will treasure it always! 

On the giving end, I was assigned to send a card to Design Team Member, Julia Aston.  I love her creations, so it was a bit intimidating to come up with something to send her.  Here's what I came up with: 

dsc_0323

I stamped all the little Christmas icons from Gingerbread Joy to a card base I made from a rustic cream card stock. I then die-cut a tree using my pennant dies from Spellbinders and adhered it to the card base with foam tape. 

dsc_0325

I then die cut and banner from more rustic cream card stock and adhered it to the card with more foam tape.  A few weeks later, I received a lovely handmade note from Julia thanking me for the card.  She is just awesome! 

Hope your day is off to a great start! Thanks for stopping by!

Katie

8 comments:

  1. I was so fortunate to have you as my Secret Santa Katie! I just love your wonderful card with it's creative design!

    Your card from Claire is a beauty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love the way you did the tree! Stunning! The one you received is so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun to get Royal Mail and then to find out it is from Claire! Gorgeous card,
    The card you sent is also beautiful and so creative. Love the cut out and the red and white. This was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you lucky girl! How neat to get a card from Claire herself! Just gorgeous! I love the pop of red - so stunning. The card you made is so clean looking! I love the fun tree shaped window and the festive red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you lucky to have a card from Claire! It's fab. I just love the CAS design of your card too - the stamped sweets and layered tree - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!
    I can only imagine Claire's creations in person...
    and how photos don't do them justice!
    Like you...I would treasure forever!:)
    And what a fabulous card you created for Julia...
    I love it!!
    And will be borrowing the idea...
    it's fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just so beautiful. The one you received, wow, so much incredible detail. The card you sent, is just too clever. I love how you took the little bits from the stamp set and made a wonderful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two cards with very different themes and directions, yet both are just so stunning! I loved the cut out tree on your card, and the folded banner.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!