Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ombre + Ikat

Hello there,

I hope you are having a super lovely weekend!  Just stopping in on this beautiful Sunday to share a card I created using Avery Elle's Ikat set trying my hand at a little ombre gradient stamping.


The colors for this card were inspired by a super fun set of glasses I saw this summer at Target which featured bold gradient stripes going from yellow to berry. 



I tried to mimic the effect with inks.  From left to right (SU Barely Banana, PTI Harvest Gold, SU Blush Blossom and Cameo Coral, PTO Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet.) The Ikat pattern was stamped on white cardstock with was mounted to a Berry Sorbet card base,  I stamped the sentiment in Berry Sorbet on a strip of white card stock, matted it with Harvest Gold and adhered it to the card.  I affixed a couple gems for a finishing touch. 

That's all for me today.  Thank you so much for stopping by! 





5 comments:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!