Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's Retro Sketch Month at Skipping Stones Design

Good morning all!

We are continuing to mix it up a bit at Skipping Stones Design.  Last month, we brought you inspiration photos and this month, we are doing a little SSD rewind and bringing back some favorite "blast from the past" sketch challenges.

Here is the first challenge for August:


Notice that Card Sketch #1 title?  Yep, this is the very first sketch that Skipping Stones ever offered up. Keeping with the retro vibe, I decided to interpret this sketch using the second oldest Skipping Stones set (and personal fav) Chic Martini. 


I covered a card based made from ivory cardstock with some funky green woodgrain paper from My Mind's Eye- Dwell Collection. Before adhering to the card base, I wraped the patterned paper with some hot pink ribbon that I tied into a bow. 

I stamped the martini glass from Chic Martini 3 times in Pink Passion ink (Stampin' Up) and the olive in New Leaf (PTI).  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I matted the stamped image with more Pink Passion cardstock and adhered the stamped panel to the card.  Some small gems at the top of the cocktail stirrer finish off the card. 

I also couldn't resist showing you this set- it's super fun!

You can purchase this set by visiting the SSD stamp store- this link will show you ALL the Skipping Stones stamps ever released in order of release.  And now is a great time to pick up a few sets that you have been eyeing as we are starting a PMS sale today.  PMS standing for Purchase More Stamps, of course.  What did you think it stood for?  :o)

I hope that you will go retro with us this month and play along with our rewind sketch challenges.  All of the details about the challenge and sale are on the Skipping Stones Blog.

Oh, and before I go, I wanted to mention that Leah was the winner of the Cupcake Cutie giveaway from last week.  Leah, I will be dropping you an email later today, but if you want to email me, my addy is scrappy_diva (at) yahoo (dot) com. 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

Katie



6 comments:

  1. super cute card...love the green and pink together..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you PLEASE make those real so I can grab one from my screen? Just say'n. SUPER cute card, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABulous card! I love the green zebra paper and the stamping and sentiment are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card - love the bold colour contrast, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors are great- and what a FUN set!!!! Love how you've used it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good ! i have used this color scheme for PVC cards and it looks good as it is.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!