Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stamp It Cards: Birthday Challenge

Hello!

I don't know about you, but I love the look of using die cut negatives in design and I am trying to challenge myself to do just that on my projects. A couple months ago, I picked up some new Lawn Fawn goodies at Simon Says Stamp and using my Spellbinder Circle dies with the goal of using negative die cuts, I created the following card: 



I started by determining the circle placement and die cut the circles on a piece of white cardstock. Next I stamped the sentiment in black. I then layered the die cut panel over another piece of white cardstock and lightly sketched the location of the circles with a pencil.  I stamped the patterns in the circles. I adhered the two layers together and attached the panel to the card base with foam adhesive. A couple gems finished the card. 

I am linking up this card to Cath's Stamp It Cards: Birthday Challenge in Moxie Fab World.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

Supplies: 
Cardstock: White- Hollos
Stamps: Grand Greeting and Chevron Background (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, and Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink); Black: Versafine
Dies: Spellbinders
Accents: Gems (The Paper Studio)


9 comments:

  1. LOVE this card Katie! Those circles are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really nice, I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card! I live the idea of negative space, especially when it is all on the front panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. I just made one like it but instead of stamps I used different papers. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying this with my silhouette machine! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!