Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday

Good morning!  


I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving holiday for those of you in the US.  I took a few days off work and my efforts were rewarded by coming down with the worst.cold.ever! Thankfully, it is loosening it's grip and so far, I am the only one in the family stricken by this monstrosity of a virus, so that is definitely a good thing.  


I know it's been quiet here on the blog front. We are slowly getting back into the swing of things and it's Tuesday, so it's time to share another Skipping Stones Design Sketch.  This is Chan's last sketch with us (sniff, sniff) and it's been wonderful to see what she and the other Guest Designers, Jimmi MayoBetsy Veldman and Jessica Griffin have created with the SSD stamps and sketches. 


Here is my card based on this week's sketch: 




I used Timeless Textures and Chic Martini to create this festive number.  This card would be perfect as an invitation to a holiday or New Year celebration. 


I stamped the Moroccan tile image on a panel of white cardstock.  Then using my Spellbinder Circle dies, I cut a hole in the white cardstock and backed it with a piece of red cardstock on which I stamped the martini glass in Veramark and embossed with white embossing powder. 


Here's a close up: 




I topped the stir stick with a little clear gem for a little oompf. The rick rack at the bottom of the card is from Creative Impressions


This is Chan's awesome sketch and if this sketch has you itching to run to your crafty space and get inky, be sure to share your take on the sketch at the Skipping Stones Design blog. There are prizes involved!!!!


Be sure to check out the rest of the DT gals and our guests to see more SSD inspiration using this awesome sketch. 


Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

5 comments:

  1. Ummm...hi! This is absolutely FABULOUS! I am totally in love with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, darling, darling!!!!! Love it Katie!! I may have to CASE this for one of my girlfriends!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card rocks Katie! I love the red and white and the LO! So bold and fabulous!

    I am so sorry you have been sick! It is certainly no fun! Get well soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better Katie! :) I love the combo of these two sets! The colors are poppin and I would love to get this invite in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!